The Humane Society of the United States (HSUS), the nation’s largest animal advocacy organization, is seeking a Maintenance Technician II for our Cleveland Amory Black Beauty Ranch (CABBR). The main responsibility of this position is to provide overall proper maintenance to vehicles, tractors, heavy equipment and all internal roads, as well as completing repairs and upgrades to equipment, buildings and site infrastructure. Also, provide support and service of all electrical services and troubleshooting information technology equipment.
This position will be responsible for:
- Performing maintenance and repair of equipment;
- Assisting with the construction, upkeep and repairs of all enclosures, habitats, and buildings;
- Updating and maintaining logs to document all completed repairs and maintenance items;
- Maintaining records of all inspections and registrations of vehicles;
- Implementing proper maintenance and repairs of fencing and gates;
- Updating and maintaining inventory of all plumbing, electrical, vehicle maintenance, supplies, and equipment;
- Performing burial of animals as needed;
- Assisting in intermittent husbandry activities such as moving animals, de-worming, hoof stock and capturing of animals;
- Assisting in safe/humane handling of animals during treatments and other handling routines to minimize stress on animals.
- High School diploma or equivalent required;
- Minimum two years of experience in vehicle maintenance;
- Minimum five years of experience in facilities maintenance;
- Supervisory experience a plus;
- Commitment to the goals and programs of the HSUS, and to compassionate, highest-quality animal care;
- Must be able to work in an unsupervised environment;
- Must be able to safely operate heavy equipment, trailers and vehicles and safely use a cutting torch;
- Must have basic computer and word processing skills;
- Must be able to perform repair with the use of Arc welding and or MIG welding;
- Must be able to lift/move 50-75 pounds and work occasional long workdays (up to 12 hours);
- Must be able to work outdoors in variable and sometimes extreme weather conditions;
- Must be able to work with/around a variety of animals;
- Must be able to negotiate trails and moderately dense undergrowth during rescue operations.
Please submit a cover letter and resumé using this form or fax to 301-548-7701. This position is located in Murchison, Texas.
Qualified applicants will receive consideration for employment without regard to race, color, religion, sex, age national origin, sexual orientation, gender identity, disability, marital or parental status or protected veteran status